Assist in the daily maintenance and wildlife control of the England Industrial Airpark and Community to ensure that all facilities are in working order and wildlife is controlled on airpark and airport properties. Entry level maintenance position.
- Assists with general maintenance of buildings, equipment and pavements as well as daily requirements for AEX wildlife program to meet FAA requirements.
- Assists with carpentry work, welding, vehicle maintenance.
- Assists with painting of runways and taxiways.
- Assists with general maintenance of grounds such as mowing, edging, weeding and opening and cleaning drainage ditches. Use herbicides and insecticides.
- Assists in duties requiring knowledge of heavy equipment and tractor bush hogs.
- Assists with other general maintenance duties as required to help maintain the England Industrial Airpark and Community.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Minimum Education – High School Diploma
- Significant experience in wildlife control mitigation, trapping, etc.
- Experience in general maintenance work.
- Valid vehicles operator’s license.
- Valid trappers license.
- Knowledge and skill with concrete saws, pneumatic hammers, mixers, hand tools, airless sprayers, riding mowers, dozer, backhoe, motor grader, dump trucks, forklifts.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively with other employees, Board officials, State/Federal agencies and the general public.
- Extremely heavy physical effort (lift/carry 50 lbs. or more).
- Prolonged, extensive or considerable standing/walking.
- Pushes/pulls or moves/lifts heavy equipment/supplies.
- Manual dexterity and mobility.
- Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching.
- Exposed to variety of electro-mechanical hazards.
- Exposed to housekeeping/cleaning agents/chemicals.
- Subject to hazards of flammable, explosive gas.
- Subject to burns and cuts.
- Subject to injury form moving parts of equipment.
- Exposed to varying and unpredictable situations.
- Exposed to hot and noisy equipment.
- Exposed to hazards of steam and heat.
- Exposed to heat, wetness, odors.
- Occasionally subject to irregular hours.
- Occasional pressure due to multiple calls and inquiries.
- Far Acuity: ability to see clearly at 20 feet or more.
- Near Acuity: ability to see clearly at 20 inches or less.
- Depth Perception: ability to judge distance and space relationships.
- Field of Vision: ability to see peripherally.
- Accommodation: ability to adjust to bring objects into focus.
- Color Vision: ability to distinguish and identify different colors.
- Extreme Cold: temperature cold enough to cause marked bodily discomfort.
- Extreme Heat: temperature hot enough to cause marked bodily discomfort.
- Temperature Changes: variations in temperature from hot to cold.
- Wet: frequent contact with water and other liquid.
- Humid: conditions with high moisture content to cause bodily reactions.
- Noise: sufficient noise to cause distraction or possible hearing loss.
- May be exposed to extremes of heat and cold in all weather conditions.
- Eye protection.
- Face protection.
- Other Equipment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities of personnel so classified.