Assist in the daily maintenance and operation of utilities and HVAC equipment located at England Economic and Industrial Development District.
- Assist in the maintenance of all types of heaters, ventilation and air conditioning systems, equipment and components.
- Dismantles, inspects, cleans, repairs or replaces parts, reassembles, tests and adjusts equipment as required.
- Assist with the testing and water treatment on all heating and air conditioning systems.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Education – High School Diploma
Minimum Experience – Five years experience in HVAC maintenance.
Certifications – C.F.C. Certified. Valid operator’s license.
- Knowledge of large HVAC equipment (150-350 ton centrifugal units) including chillers, compressors, air handlers, fan coil units, and steam and hot water boilers.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively with other employees, Board officials, State/Federal agencies and the general public.
- Extremely heavy physical effort (lift/carry 50 lbs. or more.)
- Prolonged, extensive or considerable standing/walking.
- Pushes/pulls or move/lifts heavy equipment/supplies.
- Manual dexterity and mobility.
- Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching.
- Exposed to variety of electro-mechanical hazards.
- Exposed to housekeeping/cleaning agents/chemicals.
- Subject to hazards of flammable, explosive gases.
- Subject to burns and cuts.
- Subject to injury from moving parts of equipment.
- Subject to varying and unpredictable situations.
- Exposed to hot or noisy equipment.
- Exposed to hot or humid work environment.
- Exposed to hazards of steam and odors.
- Occasionally subjected to irregular hours.
- Occasional pressure due to multiple calls and inquiries.
- Far Acuity: ability to see clearly at 20 feet or more.
- Near Acuity: ability to see clearly at 20 inches or less.
- Depth Perception: ability to judge vision to bring objects into focus.
- Field of Vision: ability to see peripherally.
- Accommodation: ability to adjust vision to bring objects into focus.
- Color Vision: ability to distinguish and identify different colors.
- Extreme Cold: temperature cold enough to cause bodily discomfort.
- Extreme Heat: temperature hot enough to cause marked bodily discomfort.
- Temperature Change: variations in temperature from hot to cold.
- Wet: frequent contact with water or other liquids.
- Humid: conditions with high moisture content to cause bodily reactions.
- Noise: sufficient noise to cause distraction or possible hearing loss.
- May be exposed to extremes of heat and cold in all weather conditions.
- Eye protection
- Face protection
- Other equipment
The above statements are intended to describe the general and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills of personnel so classified.